November 8, 2022
A General Election is the election in which federal and state officers, members of Congress and of the general assembly, county and township officers, and other officers appear on the ballot. General Elections are held the 1st Tuesday after the 1st Monday in November of each even-numbered year.
Candidate Filing Period
- County Candidate Filing Deadline
- March 25 at 5:00 - Partisan offices and NPPO candidates, candidates nominated by petition, and township offices
- County Ag Extension Deadline:
- Wednesday, August 31 at 5:00pm
- Soil & Water Conservation and County Agricultural Extension Council:
Deadline is Wednesday, August 31 at 5:00pm
Pre-Registration deadline for voter registration closes at 5:00pm Monday, October 24. Persons wishing to participate in this election who register to vote after October 24 will be required to provide proof of identification (i.e. current and valid photo identification card with an expiration date), AND proof of residency in their voting precinct, when they go to the polls on election day, or when they request an absentee ballot in-person. Other provisions may also apply. Persons not registered to vote by October 24, should expect a longer processing time at the polls on election day.
Absentee Ballots will be available beginning Wednesday, October 19, for mail and in-person voting. Download the absentee ballot request form here.
- The Auditor's Office can begin accepting Request Forms on Tuesday, August 30.
- The first day of in-person absentee voting and the first day the Auditor's Office can mail ballots is Wednesday, October 19.
- The last day an absentee ballot may be mailed to a voter for this election is Monday, October 24.
- In-person absentee voting in the office of the Clinton County Auditor closes at 4:30pm on Monday, November 7.
- Requests for absentee ballots must be in writing and should be mailed or delivered to: Clinton County Auditor, PO Box 2957, 1900 N 3rd St, Clinton, IA 52732
- More information on Absentee Voting follow the link.
All absentee ballots must be received by 8:00pm on Election Day to be considered on time to be counted.
Extended hours are available for voter registration and absentee voting in the Clinton County Auditor's Office. In addition to regular hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm, extended office hours will be as follows:
- Monday, October 24 - 8am to 5pm
- Friday, November 4 - 8am to 5pm
- Saturday, November 5 - 8am to 5pm
- Tuesday, November 8: Election Day; Polls and Auditor's Office open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Voter ID Requirements
Click Here for examples of acceptable voter identification requirements.
On Election Night, results will be updated every 15 minutes after polls close until all precincts report.
Results Available on Election Night
0/23 Precincts Counted