November 2, 2021
Beginning in 2019, School and City Elections will be combined and held in November of odd-numbered years. A City election is used to elect the Mayor and Council Members and any other elected city officials. In Clinton County, Clinton and DeWitt have provisions that could cause a run-off election to take place in December. That happens when a candidate does not receive enough votes to be declared the winner. A School Election is an election to select School Board members for school districts within Clinton County.
Pre-Registration deadline for voter registration closes at 5:00pm Monday, October 18. Persons wishing to participate in this election who register to vote after October 18 will be required to provide proof of identification (i.e. current and valid photo identification card with an expiration date), AND proof of residency in their voting precicnt, when they go to the polls on election day, or when they request an absentee ballot in-person. Other provisions may also apply. Persons not registered to vote by October 18, should expect a longer processing time at the polls on election day.
Absentee Ballots will be available beginning Wednesday, October 13, for mail and in-person voting. Download the absentee ballot request form here.
- The last day an absentee ballot may be mailed to a voter for this election is Monday, October 18.
- In-person absentee voting in the office of the Clinton County Auditor closes at 4:30pm on Monday, November 1.
- Requests for absentee ballots must be in writing and should be mailed or delivered to: Clinton County Auditor, PO Box 2957, 1900 N 3rd St, Clinton, IA 52732
- More information on Absentee Voting follow the link.
All absentee ballots must be received by 8:00pm on Election Day to be considered on time to be counted.
Extended hours are available for voter registration and absentee voting in the Clinton County Auditor's Office. In addition to regular hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm, extended office hours will be as follows:
- Monday, October 15 - 8am to 5pm
- Friday, October 29 - 8am to 5pm
- Tuesday, November 2: Election Day; Polls and Auditor's Office open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Voter ID Requirements
Click Here for examples of acceptable voter identification requirements.
On Election Night, results will be updated every 15 minutes after polls close until all precincts report.
Results Available on Election Night
0 Precincts Counted